Employment Issues in Government Contracting
Dempsey Fontana counsels and represents clients regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action requirements of the Department of Labor’s (DOL) Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), as well as contractor requirements and investigations that arise under the Service Contract Act (SCA), and the Davis-Bacon and Related Act (DBRA). In addition, we routinely advise federal contractors regarding traditional employment issues, such as compliance with DOL wage and hour laws under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), covenants not to compete relating to current and prospective employees, post-government employment restrictions, consulting and an independent contractor agreements, and discrimination and sexual harassment allegations and investigations. Our attorneys also counsel clients on contractor employment obligations concerning veterans and active duty military and disabled veteran employment issues.
In addition, our attorneys are also experienced handling workplace investigations, representing clients facing whistleblower and retaliation claims, and conducting employee and management training, as well as management separation issues.
PROVEN TRACK RECORD
Our representative matters include:
- Represented clients in SCA and DBRA related claims before the DOL;
- Represented clients in DOL Wage and Hour investigations of violations of SCA and DBRA requirements.
- Conducted internal investigation arising out of allegations of retaliatory employment termination.
- Conducted numerous internal investigations regarding alleged wrongdoing and illegal acts of government contractors.
- Counselled companies regarding executive separation and severance agreements.
- Drafted numerous employment agreements both generally and in connection with mergers and acquisitions.