Acquisitions & Mergers
Dempsey Fontana counsels clients on the unique government contracting issues that arise in the acquisition and sale of government contractors, corporate reorganizations, and the divestiture of contracts and related assets. The federal marketplace presents a unique and challenging environment when it comes to such transactions. Success in this environment depends greatly on an acute appreciation of the commercial and financial needs of businesses performing government contracts, as well as the special opportunities and risks associated with transactions in this industry.
proven track record
- Provided advice and assistance in connection with due diligence reviews.
- Evaluated risks associated with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and other exit strategies.
- Negotiated stock agreements, asset purchase agreements, stock redemption agreements and other sale agreements.
- Negotiated novation and name change agreements.
- Drafted and negotiated non-disclosure agreements and letters of intent.
- Advised clients on special pre and post-closing disclosure issues.
- Counseled clients on establishing separate federal contracting entities.
- Assisted clients with pre and post-closing integration issues.
- Advised clients on transactions involving facility and personnel clearances, foreign ownership or control issues (FOCI), and Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) concerns.