GC Outsource Plus
Dempsey Fontana offers our clients a special service called GC Outsource Plus™. This service is designed for organizations focused on providing services, solutions and products to federal, state and local government agencies that seek the benefit of utilizing “in-house” counsel on an on-demand basis without the high costs of employing a full-time lawyer. This service is also ideal for organizations that already have in-house counsel, but need experienced corporate and government contract counsel that can step in on a short-term basis or provide support in surge situations.
GC Outsource Plus is led by Jim Fontana, who has spent almost half of his 30 plus year legal career as an in-house general counsel for some of the most recognized government contractors. Jim works with David Dempsey and other lawyers associated with the Firm to provide consistent, professional, responsive and practical advice at a low and predictable cost.
This innovative approach to legal services is an alternative to hiring a full-time executive general counsel and staff level associate counsels at a fraction of the cost. We start by gaining an overall knowledge of your business and its unique needs in the government contracting market. We will then provide a detailed assessment of your legal needs and a plan for both the short and long term. This is followed by providing options for our services and alternative billing structures to fit your budget. These preliminary services and ramp-up activities are provided at no cost to your organization. Once retained, we immediately jump in to become a supportive part of your business team.
Our billing rates for GC Outsource Plus are either on a discounted hourly basis or on a monthly retainer. Either way, the cost of GC Outsource Plus is substantially lower than similar services provided by other large or even small law firms.
Why Use GC Outsource Plus:
- Your organization is in need of an experienced attorney on an as-needed basis.
- Your general counsel requires support on special projects or is experiencing an unusual surge in legal issues.
- Your budget does not call for a full-time counsel but legal issues arise on a regular or even periodic basis forcing you to spend high amounts on pricy outside law firms.
- You are looking for an alternative resource to provide greater value and services than provided by traditional law firms and solo practitioners.
- Only part of your business involves government contracts and you need specialized services from a qualified attorney.
- You need a lawyer who knows your business and understands your industry.
GC Outsource Plus Services
Whether you use GC Outsource Plus as your outsourced in-house counsel or as an extension of your existing in-house group, we are uniquely qualified to offer the following services:
- Reviews of prime contracts and subcontracts, teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements and other government contract-related agreements;
- General legal advice on all government contracting-related issues;
- Protection of intellectual property and company trade secrets;
- Management of company ethics compliance programs;
- Advice on employment and HR-related issues;
- Mergers and acquisitions, due diligence and pre-transaction legal and strategic advice, as well as advice at the letter of intent stage of the transaction process;
- Responses to subpoenas and other formal requests by third parties;
- Pre-litigation/arbitration dispute resolution advice and counseling;
- Internal and government investigations; and
- Selection, retention and management of other outside counsels (both nationally and internationally) having specialized experience as well as advice on the best and most economical approaches to retaining outside counsels.