Ethics and Compliance
The highly regulated nature of government contracting and more recent requirements mandating ethics compliance programs for most federal government contractors underscore the importance of developing and maintaining comprehensive internal compliance programs that fit the contractor’s particular business model. Dempsey Fontana's attorneys have significant experience advising clients on the application of ethics-related statutes and regulations. This includes conducting internal investigations to identify potential non-compliance issues, collaborating with our clients to implement corrective action plans to mitigate the potential risks of suspension and debarment, and advising clients on whether disclosure is required under applicable statutes and regulations.
We also routinely advise clients on designing, drafting, updating and managing their ethics compliance programs to meet the ever changing regulatory requirements. We tailor each compliance program to match the complexity of the client's business environment and the unique compliance risk factors it faces. We also provide ethics compliance training programs that are specifically designed for our client's organization and needs.
Proven Track Record
Examples of the ethics and compliance services provided by Dempsey Fontana include:
- Created and updated corporate self-governance codes of ethics, policies, procedures and training programs.
- Trained contractor employees on the applicable compliance rules and regulations.
- Conducted internal investigations based on internal complaints and government investigations or subpoenas.
- Advised clients on mandatory and voluntary disclosures under applicable FAR and agency regulations.
- Defended companies facing criminal and civil fraud allegations under the False Claims Act or (FCA) or Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
- Represented contractors facing suspension and debarment actions.